We wish you a virtual Christmas
Christmas will be a little peculiar this year, with government imposed 'Christmas Bubbles' and complicated tier systems, it will certainly be a different celebration compared to what we're used to. Whilst large gatherings and more than 3 households mixing are banned, thank goodness for today's technology. Through the power of FaceTime, Zoom and House Party you can still connect with family, and what better way to spread some festive cheer, than with the Ultimate Christmas Quiz..
GENERAL CHRISTMAS TRIVIA
- How many reindeer does Santa have (including Rudolph)?
- What is traditionally put inside a Christmas pudding?
Silver six pence
- Which King of England was crowned on Christmas Day in 1066?
King William I
- In the 12 days of Christmas song, what is the total number of items sung about?
- Spell ‘MYRRH'
- The Christmas tree in Trafalger Square is donated each year by which Norwegian city?
- How old was Brenda Lee when she recorded 'Rocking Around the Christmas Tree?
a) 21 years old
b) 19 years old
c) 13 years old
- Which Christmas song was first song to be sung in space in 1965?
- Which country is credited with starting the Christmas Tree tradition?
CHRISTMAS TUNES (Name the song and artist for 1 point each)
- "Merry Christmas" I wrapped it up and sent it
With a note saying "I love you", I meant it
Song: Last Christmas | Artist: Wham
- Oh, what a laugh it would have been
If daddy had only seen
Song: I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus | Artist: The Jackson 5
- I've been down this road before
Fell in love on Christmas night
Song: Santa Tell Me | Artist: Ariana Grande
- Welcome to my Christmas song
I'd like to thank you for the year
So I'm sending you this Christmas card
To say it's nice to have you here
Song: Step into Christmas | Artist: Elton John
- When the snowman brings the snow
Well he just might like to know
Song: I wish it could be Christmas everyday | Artist: Wizzard
- But soon there'll be a freeway yeah
Get my feet on holy ground
Song: Driving home for Christmas | Artist: Chris Rea
- You were handsome
You were pretty
Queen of New York City
Song: Fairytale of New York | Artist: The Pogues
- 3 more dreams of you and mistletoe
2 more reasons why I love you so
Song: One more sleep | Artist: Leona Lewis
- Think of all the fun I've missed
Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed
Song: Santa Baby | Artist: Eartha Kitt
- There's a tree in the Grand Hotel,
one in the park as well
It's the sturdy kind that doesn't mind the snow
Song: It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas | Artist: Michael Buble
SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT
- 5 points to whoever gets a blade of grass and brings it back first..
- 3 points to whoever can find me something yellow first…
- 3 points to whoever can do the best Father Christmas impression
- 2 points to the best drawing of a Christmas tree
- 2 points to whoever solves the anagram first: COORDINATES (Answer: Decorations)